Wow... that first post was hardcore but it feeeeeelt soooooooo gooooooooood. Ok so here's the deal... Spain is a great country to live in and they have pretty damn decent BBQ chicken. And that matters. No, for real, there is wicked food in Spain. If you think a T-Bone is something to brag about, try the "chuletón". It's the bronco burger version of the T-BONE. Sooooooo taaaasty but if you eat too much it might be a bit hard on the stomach.
So chuletón is from the Basque Country and you have to go to a "sidrería" to eat one, a real one that is. The translation for sidrería would probably be something like cider house. If you don't think you like cider try cider from northern Spain. It's diggidy dank but it can hit you hard. So, what do you eat at the cider house? Chistorra (the greasiest sausage ever... yum yum), tortilla de bacalao (that's cod omelette- cod is like the most important fish in the Iberian Peninsula), and..... Chuletón. You wash that down with sidra (cider).
They say the best cider houses are in Guipúzcoa (the province where San Sebastián is) and there you should go during the right season which I think is in late winter but I forget.
ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I totally agree! Mr Pollo, I love chuletón, do you want to eat one of those, tonight?
Done!
Post a Comment